Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oy!

Well, if I might say so myself, that was quite a pitiful comeback to my blog. My sincerest apologies. It's quite possible the timing wasn't right. You see, this summer = the best summer ever = the busiest summer ever = not much time for blogging. The sad part about that is that I'd love to document all of these moments and that's what this is for, but I haven't quite found the time (or discipline) to blog in the midst of my crazy life. Rest assured, there is fun being had. Sooooo... I'll give you a little rundown of my life since we last met.

We hopped up to the mountains for a quick weekend and spent some down time with my in-laws and relaxed on their beautiful ranch. I cannot possibly put into words, the beauty and refuge found at their home, so a few pictures will have to do.







It is pure bliss and serenity and you want to know the best part about it? No cell phone service and no internet. Isn't that great!? A true getaway does exist and it's just two hours away from home. We are blessed.

After we got back from the mountains, I went to Chicago for a little work trip. I guess you gotta work hard so you can play hard. No pictures there. I figured pictures of airports, hotels and boardrooms would sort of bore you to tears.

Then, not 12 hours after I got home from Chicago, we were off to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for an a-m-a-z-i-n-g wedding weekend. Congratulations to Jason and Evan! It was one of those weddings that was just simple in thought and spirit, but so evidently filled with love, adoration and newlywed bliss. Not to mention, the setting, out of this world! It was also a mini-reunion for all my college friends and oooooh boy is it fun when we all get together.

















Then, after all that, I got home and promptly got sick. (Note to self: Quit planning 18 trips back to back. Your body hates it. A lot. Thanks.) So, I'm posting this from bed where I have been since Tuesday with a temperature. I think I'm on the ups though.... but, thank goodness we have a free weekend coming up. Last free weekend until mid-September. Yikes! Hang on, it's going to be a wild summer's end.

Love, Love and Love.


blog signature 12.7.09

No comments: