Friday, February 13, 2009

Fortunate Fridays.

Alrighty.  It's time for some good around here.  My last 5 (or 15) posts have been kind of a cop out.  I haven't really had anything exciting to say, so I've just found something interesting and passed it along to you.  BUT, that wasn't really my intention here with this little old blog.  SO.  With so much negativity swirling all around me and this world, I am feeling a little lost, overwhelmed, confused, all of the above.  All this chaos has really made me lose focus.  I've been trying really really hard to live with my heart wide open--open to new people, experiences and thoughts.  But lately all I want is consistency.  Even if that consistency is with my heart closed tight for fear of stepping into some land of the great unknown.

With that, I bring you a new and exciting blog feature.  One in which I may or may not be consistent, but at least it's me trying to bring light to the abundance of good in my life.  I'm hoping it helps me see that the bad isn't so bad, but just a side effect of really living.  And now I present to you.... FORTUNATE FRIDAYS!  A top ten of sorts.  A time to reflect on the good in the past week, let go of the bad, and move into the weekend with a peaceful and thankful soul.  And this week, I was blessed with many a fortunes.... (drum roll please)... 

1.  We started going to church on Sunday.  It was enlightening, powerful and heartfelt.  More to come on this.
2.  Brunch with the in-laws on Sunday.  What a treat!
3.  I hopped on an early flight to Chicago on Monday.  Less time at the airport is always a good thing.
4.  Even better, got on an early flight HOME on Wednesday night.  Getting home from a business trip even an hour early is hands down the best thing ever.
5.  My Daddy-O celebrated a birthday on Wednesday!  56 years young and quite the man.  As my husband said last weekend, "YOUR DAD IS SO AWESOME!"  I agree.  Tenfold.  Happy Birthday Dad!  
6.  I achieved my goal of working out 4x per week.  Yay!
7.  I got to catch up with one of my BFFs Megs this week.  LONG overdue.  We had a great chat and I so enjoyed hearing all about Mommyhood and her precious baby girl.  Awesome.
8.  I have many rocks in my life.  This week has been a lot of venting (too much really, I hate that), and my Mom, Dad and Husband are great listeners and supporters.  Lucky I am.
9.  Due to some issues with my work computer today, I was actually done working at 5 today!  A rare occurrence, but such a luxury these days!
10.  Dinner out with just me and Ryan tonight was just what we needed.  Just realized, that's the plan for tomorrow night too!  What luck!
Bonus:  I had time to blog tonight.  Nice to have time to just think and write.

Whew, that was actually kind of hard.  Can you tell?  But, I'm pretty sure this is a good exercise for me.  It will also be rather constructive for reflections sake.  And off I go into the weekend-- And a 3-day weekend at that!  Happy Valentine's Day to all!  Love, Love, Love to all!

Blog Signature 2

No comments: