Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A sad goodbye to 2008 and a great big welcome to 2009.

I'm always sad to see a year chock full of memories come to an end.  Particularly when so many of them are wonderfully soft, sweet and precious to my dear little heart.  2008 was filled with a lot of family, which living so far from them for the past several years in San Diego, we appreciate more than I could ever imagine.


Pardon mua for just a moment, while I reflect on the year:

We spent a night in Newport Beach and went to our first and probably last Ducks hockey game.  Super fun times with super fun friends.

The year quickly unfolded into the ultimate plan.... We officially decided to pack up our flip flops and move back to Colorado!  Memorial Day weekend, Denver we come.  Much preparation was put into this move, both professionally and personally, for both Ryan and I.  The stars aligned and off we go in just a few short months.

We spent Easter weekend in the Anza-Borrego Desert.  Golfing, Hiking and Relaxing.

The month before we moved to Colorado, there was a wildfire in Penasquitos Canyon (our backyard).  Absolutely frightening and surely a sign the move was a good one.

We celebrated our ONE YEAR wedding anniversary!  Our first year of marriage was a good one, filled with precious moments, happy times and excitement for one another and our future together.  It's official, we make a good team and we're thrilled for this adventure that is our lives to unfold right in front of us.

We FINALLY did it.  We moved back to Colorado Memorial Day weekend.  Second to getting married, it might be the best decision we've ever made.  Period.

The house hunt began.

My Dad surprised ME and came out to Colorado for Father's Day.  More like shocked me!  I was speechless!

We spent 4th of July in Colorado with my lovely parents.

Liza came out for Mile High Music Festival.  Ridiculous fun ensued. 

We made a few trips up to the ranch to visit the in-laws.

My sweet Mere's health deteriorated and she is now our sweet angel above.  She is with us in spirit more than I ever could have imagined, but is one reason it's sad to see this year come to an end.  The memories of her will only become more and more distant and that tugs at my heartstrings.  She was the sweetest most kind person I have ever known.  Awe-inspiring.

Ryan and I went to Newport Beach, CA for a charity golf tournament.  Fun, fun.

Mom and Dad came out for another Colorado visit.  They can't get enough of this place!!  Golfing, antiquing, and my Birthday celebration and fun.

A surprise Birthday trip to the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs.  My husband is ridiculously amazing, dreamy really.  What can I say, he obviously loves me very much!  We had the most amazing weekend and as usual, packed it in.  Golf, Hiking, Mtn Zoo, Dinner at the Penrose Room.

We cheered on the Buffs at the CU Homecoming game in Boulder!  Outlandish fun in our old stomping grounds.  Such an amazing city!

Wii Rock Band.  I'm now married to a drummer.

Annual Jimmy Buffett Concert in Vegas.  Great group this year and a wonderful time as always!!  Tahiti?  Hawaii?

Annual early Thanksgiving at the Gertz' (our 1st annual.  see, so glad we moved back.)  This is a couple that knows how to entertain!  Seriously, amazing.

Spent a week in MN over Thanksgiving.  So nice to spend time with my family and be home for a low-key break.

Met my dear friends' new baby.  Precious.  Are we really here already?

Quick trip back to San Diego for Ryan's corporate Holiday Party.  He might possibly work for the most amazing people I've ever met.

Christmas in Florida with the in-laws.  Fun in the sun and a much needed break from the freezing cold.  A simple Christmas this year.... enjoying each others "presence" instead of presents this year.  What a concept!  Cards are my favorite part of the season anyhow.  :)

Wii Rock Band II.  I'm now married to a world touring drummer.

We found a house.  Maybe THE house.  December 30th, 2008, we are officially under contract on our first home.  Fingers crossed.

And tonight, we are getting ready to ring in the New Year with all of our Wonderful Friends!

Whew, what a year.  Sad to see it go, but truly looking forward to what 2009 will bring.

Wishing you health and happiness in the new year!  All my love!

Blog Signature 2

No comments: