Thursday, September 04, 2008

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

So this past month has been cringe-worthy to say the least. Loss is an interesting process that I realized I knew not much about in my adult life.  I've seen friends lose grandparents, my own husband even lost his grandfather last year.  I just didn't know how much it hurts.  How unbelievable it is.  How unreal it feels.  How it hits you at funny moments.  Despite the UNEXPECTED and UNPREPARED loss of my dear Grandmother... life must go on. Even if I'm not really ready for it to. Life IS going on... and I must go with it. What I've learned:

1. You ar
e NEVER, EVER, EVER really ready to lose someone you love
2. You carry the memories in your heart forever (Ooooh how wonderful, but dearly missed are all the memories)
3. I'm not ALWAYS Pollyanna- but there are better, more positive ways to look at loss than others
4. My family is amazing. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy thinking about how we all came together to support one another during such a difficult time. Together our strength is uplifting. We are fortunate.
5. Last, my Hubby is a trooper. Me and my emotions can sometimes come out a little crooked and somewhat sideways. He loves me unconditionally and nurtures my soul. I'm blessed.

So... life is a movin'. My "To Do" List is no longer getting longer, but instead is getting shorter. I've been completely tardy in acknowledging a few Birthdays, Anniversaries, and Thank You's. Please forgive me. Thankfully I've rejoined the ranks of the world again and am no longer dwelling, but instead looking forward to seeing my sweet Mere again someday.

Peace and Love.
KTD

No comments: