Saturday, November 01, 2008

Secret ambitions.

It's no secret I love to relish in good memories, I hold them dear to my heart and I also love a spare hour in my day to spend going through old relics of the past... old letters, cards, photographs, ticket stubs, old notes.... the list goes on and on.  I keep EVERYTHING.  It's the closest you can get to feeling that moment again.  I love that feeling.

What you might not know is how I secretly envy people with an eye for photography.  I have a few close friends and cousins who are talented beyond words when it comes to this art.  The art of capturing beauty and emotion in a single photograph.  There are a couple of reasons for this lust.... #1, I love the feeling  you get when you can relive moments through photos of past vacations, family gatherings, etc.  It's no wonder we come home from a 3-day weekend with 300-plus photos.  I'm nuts for capturing every single moment on film.  #2, Since we have been getting settled in Colorado and we are thinking about making choices for really getting settled, I am heavy with anticipation of the many amazing, happy, picturesque future moments I hope to capture through the lens of a camera.  I guess suburbia does that to you?  Seeing all the cute, adorable, gleeful trick-or-treaters last night made me giddy for those days.  I secretly think Ryan's head was right there in the gutter with yours truly.  I just need a couple of years (Note to Parents: Don't get too excited. Couple of years.) to fine tune my photography skills before those moments unfold.  And that my friends, that clock is a tick tocking.  :)  I digress.

Moving on.... for many months, I've been lusting after a fancy camera.  I've read the reviews, I've done my research and without breaking the bank entirely, this is my recent obsession.  
The Canon EOS Rebel XSi 12MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55IS Lens.  That sounds like a bunch of nonsense, but I totally know what that means.  It's lustworthy and a good choice for a beginner with a dream such as myself.  I'm creative, I'm crafty, I'm artsy and I'm filled to the brim with projects and ideas I'd love to execute.  This particular venture has been brewing for a while, so I'm seriously considering taking the plunge.  Now, if it weren't for this whole recession, stock market plunge, economy tanking-thing... I'd feel a little less guilty.  I guess a girl can dream for today.

Blog Signature 2

No comments: